Monday, February 7, 2011

Brain Delay

This morning I woke up, washed my face, brushed my teeth, combed my hair, did my makeup, dressed for work, let the dogs in and out, made breakfast, packed my lunch, poured my coffee, walked out of the house, locked the door, got into the car and then finally realized that--hey wait a minute, I can't see anything! Why? Because I never put my glasses on. And then suddenly all the stumbling around and dropping things and tripping over hazy inanimate objects (or possibly animate...how would I know?) finally made sense. It was a good thing I needed to sit with the defroster running for a while this morning, otherwise I could have killed someone just trying to pull out of the driveway.

I guess it's like when you have the same commute every day until habit finally takes over and you can make it home while only paying attention with half a brain cell. Scary, but it happens. But when it does happens, I am usually at least wearing my corrective eyewear.

'Doh!
Sarah

p.s. Don't ask how my hair and makeup looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment