Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Return of Hot Tub Sarah

A while ago, when my friendship with Keekes was still just a spring bud peeking out of the awakening earth (ok, enough of that), I found out that her husband had taken to calling me "Hot Tub Sarah," since there are always a lot of Sarah's around, and we just happen to have a hot tub at our house. I actually like it. I think it's kind of catchy.

Unfortunately, we never really use our hot tub. We never really even go around to the side of the house where it sits, cold and silent, yearning to give warmth and comfort to some grateful companions (seriously, what is my deal today). That is, until last night.

After working for five hours, and then working on a school assignment for another eight hours straight as soon as I got home, I was in desperate need of something. Something to calm my frazzled brain and make me less of a bear to be around. And then I remembered: Hot Tub!

It was lovely. It was lulling. It was everything I hoped it would be. With my glass of wine and box of wheat thins, I slowly returned from a crazed grad student to a normal human being. With so much left to do before the end of the semester, I have a lot more hot tubbing in my future.

Cheers,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment