Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Evolving Kitty Antics

First of all, I should update you that my TV fasting really did work. I watched only two hours of television in nine days, a record of which I am quite proud. And then a weekend rolled around, and I finally caved and cleared out my DVR. The proper balance seems to be avoiding it at all costs during the week, and then enjoying being a glutton all weekend.

But what I really want to share is a new development in Ziggy's demented personality. Every morning around 5:30, Ziggy comes into the bedroom, jumps up onto the bed, climbs over me and onto the side table, and starts chewing on the lampshade. And it drives me absolutely bonkers. The first few times he did it, I jumped up and chased him out of the room yelling and waving my arms like a maniac. But it seems as though it's all a ploy for attention, since the more peaceful tactic of scootching over to create a warm spot for him to be my little spoon seems to work. At least temporarily. As soon as I fall back asleep, and therefore stop petting him, he resumes eating the lampshade. Lately we've been repeating this cycle about three times before I finally jump up and chase him out of the room yelling and waving my arms like a maniac.

When he was a kitten, his nightly routine was to attack my face promptly at 11 pm. So I guess we're making progress?

Yes, you should be embarrassed,
you little nocturnal attention whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment