Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cooling Baby Fever

The Hubs and I have decided to wait a while to have kiddos--mostly because this summer he will be leaving for EWS at Quantico and we will be living apart for nine months. I don't want to go through my first pregnancy alone if we have a choice, and I also don't want him to miss out on anything. Plus, it is probably smart to finish grad school before getting knocked up.

That being said, I must admit to a raging baby fever. Like, bad. Recently, I even took great pleasure in being thrown up on by the adorable son of a friend-of-a-friend. It doesn't help that everywhere I look I see friends and acquaintances and total strangers with cute little bundles of joy slung on their hips. My younger sister just had a baby, and friends who are also younger than me already have multiple children. Keeping up with the Jones' is not the reason for my baby lust, but it certainly isn't helping.

My sweet nephew, Aaron...I can haz wun?

But do you know what does help, at least temporarily? Whenever I start yearning for mommyhood, I just go pour myself a glass of wine. Or a cup of coffee. Or make plans to meet friends for sushi. Or eat a sandwich chock full o' cold cuts. Enjoying all these little things that will be off-limits once it's go time might be the only thing that will get me through the next year without pulling the goalie. (J/K, I would never do that.)

I think it's time for another glass of wine...

Le sigh,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment